Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let's introduce our new best friends.

I'm loosing my mind. Very, very slowly. It's becoming harder for me to remember what I did a day ago, and let's not even talk about what I did last week. Everything has just become a big ball of info-y ... mush.

After thinking hard for a while, I finally remembered what yesterday's class revolved around - our people. Due yesterday was our flimsy Revolutionary War heroes. How could I forget that? I spent probably too much time slaving over Paul Revere, just for him to turn out less than four feet tall. How dissapointing.

We spent yesterday "introducing" everyone's paper person, aka holding them up the metal hanger on the back and rattling off some facts we looked up about them. Once we went over how they were important to the Revolution, we showed what we had placed in their pocket - for example, mine was dental equipment. 1700s dental equipment, to be more specific.

Today we moved on to the Declaration of Independence, first using the vocabulary we researched to pair up with someone with our definition. These eventually turned into groups of three, so everyone would have a device to read their designated part of the Declaration of Independence. Later, we would also use this device to create yet another fake tweet, summarizing our part of the Declaration in just 140 characters. Including spaces. Yikes.

By the end of this year, I betcha I'm going to be a project fiend. Make fake tweets? On it. Draw giant life size people? Gotcha. I just wonder if I'll be rendered incapable of taking notes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment