Thursday, October 25, 2012

Let's study art.

With everything due in History this week, I'm actually really surprised that I haven't started reciting the Declaration of Independence in my sleep and chanting that "the British are coming!"

Yesterday in History class, Mr. Boyle showed us a very informative video/slide show about art during the American Revolution. It introduced us to four artists who did paintings depicting scenes from the American Revolution, and showed us what they symbolized and how geometry and color were used. While I found it interesting, my only problem was how long it was. Some of the paintings though, were very interesting to look at or, in some cases, very famous. My favorite fact of the day: Thomas Jefferson bribed a painter to paint his foot over the one of John Adams? Who thinks of this stuff?

When we came into History class today, we had to be prepared to write down the preamble to the Declaration of Independence. He gave us a few minutes to cram (and question our very existance) before we copied it down onto a half sheet of paper. The latter half of the class we finished going over the very end of the Revolution in time for our test tomorrow.

Which of course I am so looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment