Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let's discuss, discuss, and discuss some more.

Ok, let me start out with a formal written apology. Homecoming has been screwing me up, and I got confused as to what day it was. I swore I blogged on Friday, but I guess not. In order for my blogging days to remain the same, you get a triple blogpost today.

All the way back Friday we got our promised discussion on Uncle Tom's Cabin, the novel by Harriet Beecher Stowe. We talked about the Fugitive Slave Act and the basic plot line of the story, before he handed out copies of one of the chapters. For the rest of class, we got to read about the escaped slave Eliza (not my friend Eliza, another Eliza) and some everyday psychopathic slave owners who were trying to get her back without mauling her.

We got back on Monday for a Uncle Tom's Cabin refresher, yet it was postponed four fifteen minutes while we all went into MLA format overload. Mr. Boyle did his 'it's okay' thing and extended the deadline to the end of the unit. We could then resume talking about how the book had an impact on the upcoming civil war.

Yesterday we had History lunch period again, and the first half of class we read and answered questions about some articles pertaining to the Kansas-Nebraska Act and some violent actions that people did in order to get their point across - John Brown and machete-ing people to death, anyone? When we got back from lunch we went over them with Mr. Boyle.

Today, well, today we were notably history-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment