Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Let's say what we mean, or nothing at all.

I didn't see Mr. Boyle for an entire week! The Monday after the long weekend we dropped, meaning it had been a whole seven days since we last met. That far back is hazy, so I guess I'm glad I don't have to remember what we did in History class that day.

Yesterday was dedicated to our slave friend Dred Scott. Our very hoarse History teacher gave us an article to read and questions to answer about his trial. Once he had completed this, we made sure we had a basic understanding of what we had read - that sounded really posh. In actuality, we just talked about how how the times effected his loss to his master.

At the very end of the previous class we started to talk about Steven Douglas and Abraham Lincoln. I guess you could call this foreshadowing, since that's what we were learning about today. We watched a scene from the black and white movie, "Abe Lincoln in Illinois" that showed the debate between the two. Once we got over the fact that, no, they were not the actual people, and yes, this was a recreation we were able to understand their arguments. Enough to fill in a sheet even.

What amazing adventures will transpire (I love that word, almost as much as 'autodrefrenistrate') tomorrow? Huh?

To add onto this enthralling (also a great word) blog post, I'm going to talk about my 30 Day Challenge, which, actually, hasn't turned out to be a challenge at all. It's easy to tell people what you like about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment